Breastfeeding in Combat Boots is a worldwide organization dedicated to advocating, informing and supporting breastfeeding mothers serving in the military. Our purpose is to provide education and resources to mothers, lactation professionals, and military commanders about the importance of breastfeeding, to contribute to the increase in numbers of AD, Reserve and Guard mothers successfully breastfeeding, and to raise awareness about the challenges and concerns of breastfeeding mothers serving in the military.
We are committed to:
- ADVOCATING for military laws, policies and procedures that provide breastfeeding mothers in the military the resources and support they need to be successful.
- INFORMING all breastfeeding mothers serving in the military by providing up-to-date, accurate, evidence-based information.
- SUPPORTING all breastfeeding mothers serving in the military regardless of race, religion, age, culture, rank, military status/branch, gender, or sexual orientation.
The Vision of Breastfeeding in Combat Boots is for:
- Every military mother who desires to breastfeed or provide human milk to her child to have the resources necessary to meet her goals.
- Every military hospital or clinic, New Parent Support Program/Team, health care practitioner and workplace supervisor to provide evidence-based education, information and support.
- The United States military to recognize breastfeeding as the standard for infant feeding and in the best interests of the health, morale and safety of it’s military members.