Do you have a Lactation Room at your command? Having a space dedicated to pumping for breastfeeding mothers is critical to maintaining your milk supply and allowing you to be successful at breastfeeding while serving on active duty. If you don’t know of any lactation rooms on your base or post, consider creating one yourself, you might be surprised at the number of AD breastfeeding women that will show up and use it. See the FAQ for tips on Setting Up a Lactation Room. To add your information to this Military Lactation Room Directory (MLRD), please email us, or fill out this form and we will post it within 24-48 hours. View current lactation rooms at military installations worldwide in our slideshow below. Thank you for adding to this valuable resource!
- FORT RUCKER:
- Cairns Army Airfield. 164th TAOG. See staff duty for the key. Open 24/7.
- Lyster Medical Clinic. Ask for directions at the Front Desk. Open 0700-1630, M-F.
- Bldg 5700 – by the DEERS/ID Card section. Open 0730-1700, M-F.
- MAXWELL AFB: ACSC building, 600 Chenault Circle. 2nd floor. Cypher lock, ask at front desk for code.
- EIELSON AFB: 354th MDG, 2630 Central Ave, room located across from Command Conference Room, open 0730-1630, fridge in room.
- JOINT BASE ELEMENDORF-RICHARDSON: Hospital Lactation room is located near the front (Bear Enterance) just past the Pediatric Clinic. Open 24/7 to staff and public use.
- LITTLE ROCK AFB: 19SFS, Bldg 481, open 24/7. Lactation room with two chairs a desk and mini fridge.
- LOS ANGELES AFB:
- Bldg. 271 – Office B4-729 (SMC/RS), Care Room that is private and secure, located on the 4th floor. Office B2-179 (SMC/GP), Reading Room, on the 2nd floor. While this room is multi-purpose, there is a process for the space to be reserved and priority is given to mothers that need to use it as a Care Room. To make a reservation in B2-179, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COAST GUARD PACIFIC AREA HDQTRS/ALAMEDA CG STATION:
- Building 2 – CDC, 1 spot in infant room, from 0600-1700.
- Building 21 – One spot w/Symphony and fridge. Open whenever needed.
- Building 50-7 – Two spots, w/Symphony and fridge. open whenever needed but it has a cipher code. Contact CDR Morgan Holden for combo.
- Building 55 – Two spots with fridge. Open whenever needed but it has a cipher code. Contact for combo.
- Gresham Hall – One spot with fridge. Opened by contacting base security.
- NAVAL AMPHIBIOUS BASE CORONADO:
- COMNAVSURFPAC – Bldg 14, 2nd deck, open 24/7, requires programmed card from quarterdeck with escort to get into bldg, then push code to get into room. Amenities – cubicles, fan, air conditioning, refrigerator, freezer, electrical outlets
- NAVAL BASE SAN DIEGO:
- Information Warfare Training Command: 3955 North Harbor Drive Building 564, 1st floor next to auditorium, open 24/7, requires cipher code. Amenities – sink, fridge, power
- Region Legal Service Office SW, 3395 Sturtevant St Ste 9 Bldg 56
- 1st floor right side of the building in the Legal Assistance office. Open from 0730-1630.
- 2nd floor, right side of the building in the courtroom area. Requires a visitor pass as it is an official military courthouse. Open 0730-1630.
- Naval Base San Diego – Wet side, 32nd St.
- BLDG 36, 1st floor across from the vending machines and bathroom. Code needed for door, ask the front desk.
- South West Regional Maintenance Center – BLDG 20, 2nd floor. First door on your left. Code needed for door, ask the front desk. Open 0500-1600. Amenities – 4 tables, curtains, mini fridge/freezer, breastfeeding and pumping binders and posters.
- BUCKLEY AFB: Lactation room at Joint Components Command (JCC) next to the Army’s Staff Duty desk. Open 24/7.
- SCHRIEVER AFB: Building 210, Buildings 300 and 400 (Restricted Area), open 24/7, requires badge access. Amenities – outlets, sinks, seats.
District of Columbia
- DC ARMORY (NAT’L GUARD): 2nd floor, opposite side of security entrance, open 24/7, locks from inside. Amenities – Couch, barstool table with 2 chairs, Regular chair, mini fridge, outlets, tv.
- PENTAGON: Multiple rooms – 2A5WA 2B9WA 3A7WA 3B9WA 4A7WA 5A5WA, open 24/7, cypher lock (see the DiLorenzo clinic for the code). Amentities – All rooms have Medela Symphony pumps, sinks, seating.
- USCG HEADQUARTERS:
- Douglas Munro Building
- Room 4J16-23, open 24/7, requires CAC. Amenities – 3 Chairs, curtains, sink, refrigerator, Medela Symphony pump, cabinets, phone.
- Room 9AA06-15, open 24/7, requires CAC. Amenities – 3 Chairs, curtains, sink, refrigerator, Medela Symphony pump, cabinets, phone.
- Douglas Munro Building
- CENTCOM (Macdill AFB):
- Bldg 570, 1st floor, a separate room accessible through the female restroom, code is given at security.
- Bldg 565 (Vince), in the auditorium, access granted at the desk. Amenities – 5 Medela Symphony pumps (bring your own kit).
- JOINT INTERAGENCY TASK FORCE SOUTH (NAS Key West): Trueman Annex, JIATFS Compound, Bldg 290. Open 24/7, access requires cypher code. Amenities – Private Room, adjacent to watch floor, sink, dedicated refrigerator.
- NAS JACKSONVILLE:
- Hospital and clinics: multiple rooms, open 24/7 in hospital, open M-F, 0730-1630 at clinics.
- FORT BENNING: Martin Army Community Hospital, “Carver Room” on 1st floor of Oak Ridge clinic.
- FORT GORDON:
- Army Community Service(ACS) Family Outreach Center. Lactation room located behind the Woolworth library. Amenities – Desk, chair, office, Medela Symphony pump (bring your own kit), electrical outlet for personal pump.
- Eisenhower Medical Center, 10th Floor. Lactation room with a changing table, bathroom, sink, three rocking chairs, a table, and Medela Symphony pump. Bring your own kit.
- FORT STEWART: BDE 31D Sustainment Brigade, Rm #167
- JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR HICKAM:
- DGS-5/8th IS (Hanger 5), Hickam side. Requires badge. Lactation room is located on the 1st floor, 2 people max at a time, combo breakroom/lactation room – lactation takes priority!
- HQ PACAF:
- Bldg. 1102, 2 single occupancy lactation rooms, by reservation, 24 hr access, building requires CAC, contact CCQ for room info on their Nursing Mothers Program (NMP).
- Bldg. 2043, 1 temp lactation room, contact bldg. 1102 CCQ for NMP.
- JOINT INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS CENTER – PACIFIC: Bldg 352, main office lounge, open 24/7, requires badge access and scheduling. Contact front office.
- MOUNTAIN HOME AFB:
- SCOTT AFB: 635th Wing AMW, Bldg 433, Operations Group/OSS, flight line side – northeast corner, open 24/7, locks from inside. Amenities – glider, outlet, table.
- FORT LEAVENWORTH: Lewis & Clark Center (CGSC), 100 Stimson Ave, Room 2221 (separate room off the far west 2nd floor women’s restroom)
- FORT CAMPBELL: Kinnard Mission Training Complex
- FORT KNOX:
- HRC Welcome Center across from the security office.
- Ireland Army Community Hospital, 1st floor near the main elevators.
- FORT POLK:
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, 2nd floor between the pharmacy and family practice clinic.
- Bldg 2390, Suite C – near the MP station.
- ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND: Bldg 2501. Open 0600 -1630.
- FORT MEADE: DINFOS, Room #231
- USCG Sector Maryland-National Capital Region: Lactation room on 1st floor, attached to the female bathroom. Mini fridge and microwave in the room, access to running water.
- WALTER REED NATIONAL MILITARY MEDICAL CENTER:
- 2 MAMAVA pods located in the basement of Bldg 19 (America).
- Lactation room, Bldg 2, 3rd floor. Contact Pediatrics Clinic for the codes.
- Lactation room, Bldg 9, 1st floor. Contact Pediatrics Clinic for the codes.
- WALTER REED ARMY INSTITUTE of RESEARCH: Mother’s room with two separate pumping areas. See the Command AO for the key.
- NAVAL CONSTRUCTION BATTALION CENTER: Bldg-NOSC, Medical dept, 1st floor, hours open same as NOSC, for access check-in with medical personnel.
- JEFFERSON BARRACKS: 2nd floor break room, open 0600-1700, key required for access. Amentities – sink, sterilizer, refrigerator, microwave, partitioned, pumping chairs with outlets.
- MALMSTROM AFB:
- Bldg 500, room 150/room 343H, open 24/7, cypher lock. Amenities – 4 pumping stations, couch, glider, fridge.
- Bldg 1191, room 104A, 1st floor, open 0730-1630, cypher lock. Amenities – 2 pumping stations, glider, desk, fridge.
- Bldg 1439, room 115K, open 0730-1630, cypher lock. Amenities – 2 pumping stations, glider, fridge.
- Bldg 2040, room C123/C135
- OFFUTT AFB:
- Bldg 578, 55/ISS (badge wearers only). See the front office.
- USSTRATCOM: 1E, 3C, 2C, basement C corridor, and a new room is being created in 2F.
- NELLIS AFB:
- HOLLOMAN AFB: 314th AMU, Bldg 868, room 156, open M-F dependent on flying schedule and weekend duty.
- FORT DRUM: Guthrie Clinic near the White and Gold “home” area of the Family Medicine wing.
- USCG Aviation Logistics Center, Elizabeth City: Hangar 75, lactation room in the women’s locker room, runway side. Access requires a key from facilities.
- CAMP LeJUENE: Naval Hospital
- FORT BRAGG: Marshall Hall (FORSCOM/USARC), Room 4109, FORSCOM side
- WRIGHT PATTERSON AFB:
- Medical Center – Bldg 830, lactation room, open 24/7, located right off main entrance of hospital, before getting on main elevators (call 257-1188 for assistance in locating room).
- Area B – Bldg 16, Room #0096, backside in basement.
- Area B – Bldg 32, main entrance hallway. UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
- Area B – Bldg 558, 2nd floor behind conference room 205, open 24/7, ask facilities manager for key.
- Area B – Bldg 558, basement behind conference room 005, open 24/7, locks from inside.
- Area B – AFIT D’azzo Library – Bldg 642 – open M-F 0730-1800 – located along the back wall/left side, unlocked during week.
- National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) – Need a badge entry to building, check out a key. Room is located by the North entrance.
- FORT BLISS:
- 1st Armored Headquarters
- WBAMC – OB/GYN Clinic, open 0730-2000, M-F. Amenities – sink, chairs, changing table.
- FORT HOOD: CRDAMC, 4th floor Mother Baby unit, next to the Lactation consultant office. Open 24/7.
- GOODFELLOW AFB: Bldg 448, room 31 (Tiger Heritage Den), open 0730-1630, key required.
- JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO LACKLAND:
- One Stop Building, WIC office, open M-TH, 0730-1800. Amenities – Elite ameda pump, rocking chair.
- Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, Bldg 4550, 1st Floor, open 0730-1630.
- SAMMC – Pediatrics Clinic waiting room, 1st floor, open 0730-1630. Seating, sink.
- SAMMC – Womens Health Clinic, 2nd floor, open 0730 -1630. Seating, sink.
- NAVY OPERATION SUPPORT CENTER: Bldg 3620 (across the street from Brooke Army Medical Center), open Hours M-F from 0730-1600, contact the medical department to obtain a key to the room.
- RANDOLPH AFB: 499A, Air Force Personnel Center (HQ AFPC), 2nd floor, separate area within women’s restroom. Open 24/7, requires badge or escort. Seating and sink.
- DAM NECK:
- NMITC: Requires badge access, ask at front desk. Symphony pumps (bring own kit), fridge.
- NOPF/MFCLANT: Requires badge access, ask at front desk.
- FORT LEE:
- Army Logistics University, bldg 12420, 3rd floor. Room has a sink and a fridge.
- JOINT EXPEDITIONARY BASE LITTLE CREEK: Bldg 1126 (Gate 1), open 0700-1700. IWTF building, past security door. Contact QD, badge required for building, code required for room. Amenities – chair, electrical outlet, fridge.
- JOINT BASE LANGLEY EUSTIS:
- 633 CES building 328, 0730-1630. Please see Ops Flight Secretary for access.
- 27 AMU/FS
- 87 Birch Street, 36IS, open 0500-1700, call 36 IS/CC: 757-225-3306 for access. Amenities – power, privacy, storage.
- MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO: New Parent Support Program, 2034 Barnett Ave, lactation room on Lower Level, open 0800-1630, M-F.
- NAVAL STATION NORFOLK:
- AMC MAC Terminal: 1st floor behind Info desk, requires CAC access. 2nd floor in kids room, separate room that locks from inside. Lactation rooms open during normal flight hours.
- COMNAVSURFLANT – Bldg D-29. Hours 0600-1700, lactation room located within women’s bathroom on the Quarterdeck.
- COMMANDING OFFICER – N26, 2nd floor, open 24/7, locks from inside. Check ID at Quarterdeck. Amenities – sink, fridge, couch.
- NEPMU2: 1285 West D St, Across from the NEX Autoport on the air station side of NOB. Hours 0700-1700. Ask the SDO for access.
- US FLEET FORCES: NH45 Room 322 – Medela Symphony pump available, refrigerator, and sink.
- OFFICE OF NAVAL RESEARCH: One Liberty Center 875 N. Randolph Street, 6th floor, Rm 636, Medical Clinic/Nurses station. Open M-F 0730-1200, 1300-1500, Emergencies only from 1500-1600. Clinic is locked unless nurse is present. Requires building access for ONR (CAC/badge access). Amenities – Sick bay type individual/private room including bed, power outlets, side table with antibacterial wipes.
- TJAGLCS (The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School): Room #069 off the Atrium, open 24/7.
- JOINT BASE LEWIS MCCHORD:
- Madigan Army Medical Center:
- Ground Floor – Family Medicine Clinic Lactation Room in the Medical Mall
- First Floor – 1 Mamava Pod located by the Peds Clinic in the Medical Mall, Lactation Room in the Pediatric Clinic, 1 Mamava Pod located in the lobby of the hospital tower.
- Second Floor – 1 Mamava Pod between the elevators and Provost Marshall office
- Third Floor – Lactation Room by the Lactation Consultant office, Lactation Room in NICU waiting area.
- 7th Infantry Division: HQ Building 4290, Room 1043, open 24/7, requires key code. Amenities – table, chair, and outlet.
- Madigan Army Medical Center:
- NH BREMERTON:
- GUANTAMANO BAY:
- Naval Hospital – 2nd floor, Multi-Service ward behind the Nurse’s station. Open during ward hours, locks from inside.
- LANDSTUHL RMC:
- Mothers Room – Rm 3776 (past the DFAC), open 0700-1630, M-F, key required. Amenities – chairs, electric outlets, tables.
- Mamava Pod – 2nd floor “Four Corners” by elevators, open 24/7. Amenities – electrical outlet, bench, table.
- Pediatric Ward – 8D, open M-F 0730-1600, after hours by key roster (staff needing outside of duty hours). Amenities – chairs, toys for toddlers, privacy screen, pumping table with chairs and multiple outlets.
- RAMSTIEN AB:
- Bldg 201, 1st floor B wing. Restricted access, visit building Visitor Center for access.
- USAFE – AFAFRICA – Lactation room on the 1st floor of the HQ building. The building is only accessible to registered CAC holders.
- SPANGDAHLEM AB: Spangdahlem Med Group, lactation room by the Pediatric clinic front desk.
- AVIANO AB:
- 31st Medical Group, ground floor near the Immunizations and Pediatric Clinics, Building 121 on Area One.
- WIC Overseas office in Building 1472 on the flight line.
- COMMAND FLEET ACTIVITIES YOKOSUKA: US Naval Hospital Yokosuka, 4th floor, across from Mother Infant Unit. Open 24/7, locks from inside. Amenities – Sink with soap, hospital-grade Medela Symphony pump, chairs, refrigerator, and outlets for electricity.
- MCAS IWAKUNI: Branch Health Clinic Iwakuni. 1st floor in Family Practice Clinic.
- MISAWA AIR BASE: Breastfeeding Room located in the hospital front of the Primary Care Clinic waiting room, open 24/7.